Saskatoon SK, 2011
Constructed in 1912, the Rumley Building is Saskatoon’s best example of North American Warehouse Architecture. The building was constructed of brick on both exterior and interior and functioned as storage for farm machinery until 1960. The Rumley Lofts Condo Conversion project saw a 30 foot wide addition to the south of the building to adapt the existing floorplate into functional space and provide parkade access giving the building a second life as commercial and residential living spaces. The sensitive adaptation and reuse of the building earned the project a Lieutenant Governor General Award for Heritage Architecture Excellence for Adaptive Reuse and Sympathetic New Construction.
Structural: Sawchuk Antonini Engineering Ltd.
Mechanical: Genivar Consultants LP.
Electrical: PWA Engineering Ltd.